Arbitration, Anyone from Pa been there?             Click here to Print

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

#goodnatured - Says,

I have a collection agency that served me a summons last december, to make a long story short, we have been through discovery with no positive result and now they have filed for an arbitration hearing. Apparently, my county pulls three attorneys to hear the case. Has anyone been through an arbitration? Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am glad to finally get some result, any result and move forward on this. It has been a thorn in my side for quite some time. I am not familiar at all with the arbitration process, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
#SunDevilsFan - Says,

Hey goodnatured...

I suppose you got your answer already....

#goodnatured - Says,

Nope, no answer yet, sure could use anything you have to offer???????
#Laura - Says,

Hey good there is the other thread on arbitration. But no solution I guess, just recommendations. Smile
#SunDevilsFan - Says,

hey good.... I responded to a arb. thread in the mortgage forum... may want to go check.... Not sure if it will help.
#goodnatured - Says,

Ok, I have not been on that forum in a while, I will go check it out, thanks
#Dadummy - Says,

goodnatured, I googled the Pennsylvania arbitration and a few pages came up with some really good information on how the process works. From what I see you will be able to present evidence on your own behalf, if you are having trouble with this send me a pm and I will forward you the links directly, they will be in my history so it is no big deal.
#Justin - Says,

Hi Dadummy welcome to the forum.

Could you please om me the information too?

#goodnatured - Says,

thanks for the lead dadummy, I did find more information on google then had previously in past search results.
#Polly - Says,

Yes thanks a lot dadummy. I learned a lot as well Smile
#goodnatured - Says,

I did not have time to call the courthouse, seems like my time just flies during the week. I pulled out everything I have to try and get organized, I want to write a letter to the arbitrators listing what I think they did wrong or some type of list.
#george - Says,

Go ahead with the letter Good. Its a good step that you are taking Smile
#goodnatured - Says,

I will, I have to get it done this weekend for sure, I have been busy, but I am gonna get a date here soon, so need to get that done.
#Dadummy - Says,

Sounds like they are going to listen to both sides so that is good for you. I would organize three packets, one for each attorney, make it simple and easy to read, state the facts and the law if you have it. I wish you lots of luck with this and please keep us updated.
#goodnatured - Says,

Yeah, either way I will be happy to see this all come to an end, this has been stressful to say the least. I am really tired of having this hanging over my head. I just hope they wait till after the holidays.
Page 1 of 3