Cease and Desist letter - A legal letter to the creditors             Click here to Print

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:

#Richard - Says,

You can send a Cease and Desist letter to the collectors requesting them to stop calling you. Below is a Sample Cease and Desist letter (CND letter).

Your Name __________
Your Address __________
Your Phone # __________

Collector's Name _______________________
Collector's Address _____________________

Date ________________________

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account Number ____________

This is a request to Cease and Desist any further collection attempts on the debt referenced above. I would prefer working with the original creditor.

You are therefore apprised, in accordance with state and the federal laws, to cease all collection attempts immediately or face legal action.

Sincerely,

Your Signature ________________

Your Name ________________

#goodnatured - Says,

Great example, I am sure that a lot of people will use this cease and desist letter.
#sdchargers_63 - Says,

I like this letter. Can you, 'LEGALLY, do anything, if the CA CONTINUES to call, AFTER receiving this letter?
#goodnatured - Says,

I am sure that if they continue to harass you that you could get them for violating the law, it probably states on the fair debt collection web page, most of the laws are there and they tell you what to do if they are violated.
#Morningstar - Says,

Code:
they tell you what to do if they are violated.

Like getting a lawyer.

#Laura - Says,

I agree here. A lawyer will be required for further help. Violation of law which happens random enough, needs strictly legal steps to be taken against them. So a lawyer is the most required individual here.
#goodnatured - Says,

You will see a lot of group lawsuit, class action suits come off this way.
#fireyone - Says,

Thats what needs to be done. Lawyers are expensive and most of us wouldn't be in this situation if we had any.
#goodnatured - Says,

Most attornies will take class action lawsuits on a contingency plan, if they win they get paid. So they make sure they only take on the ones that they think they will have luck with.
#fireyone - Says,

Can't say I blame them. I imagine something like this require work.
#Justin - Says,

Not about blaming anyone for being expensive. They do the legal work and hence its okay if they charge money. Well a class action lawsuit is a good idea. I think I came across a thread where a participant welcomed people to take part in such a lawsuit. Kudos to them to dare to do things.
#fireyone - Says,

Kudos indeed. That is actually a pretty good idea. How else can you get others to jump in and take action...by advertising. I like that idea.
#goodnatured - Says,

Some just don't follow through, I put my name on a list for CACH, LLC, haven't heard a thing.
#fireyone - Says,

It would be nice if they did. The harassment is sometimes too much to deal with from these companies.
#goodnatured - Says,

Tell me about it, they really go overboard sometimes, to the point of harrassment, it does cause a lot of stress on peoples live, they don't really care what affect they have on people at all.
Page 1 of 11