Need help with suing collection agency &
Here is the quick history â€“ back in 2007,
- I used a small carpet cleaning (Peach Professional Cleaning) company for cleaning carpet.
- She did a terrible job and we agreed she gets paid for half the task (as I got another company to complete the task)
- I gave her my credit card over the phone and she intentionally ran my for the full amount twice.
- She in the meanwhile also placed a collection agency for the same payment
- The collection agency contacted me. I sent them a cease and desist letter and also showed them the proof that she had charged me twice for the same service and did receive the payment.
- I never heard back from collection agency and I did not have time to pursue with the cleaning lady.
Now, after three years â€“ in 2010,
- The same collection agency has placed a report on my credit rating without validating the debt for $277.
- My credit rating slipped from 800 to 660 with this mere collection report.
- I called the collection agency and they indicated I had not paid in full
- I asked them to send me the proof for the same and they have not bothered to fax me. It is always a 45 minutes wait before they transfer to several agents. They are very rude.
- The cleaning company does not appear exist anymore. She was doing the business with her SSN as DBA.
I am in the process of re-financing and this credit rating is lost me several good bank loans. I am now stuck with paying high interest rate just because of this.
I am planning on,
- Suing Peach Professional Cleaning & the collections agency.
- Place a charge against both of the them in the small claims court
- This loan over the years would easily cost me 100k.
- So, just so she & the collection agency do not go about trying this with others, I will sue them for 100k and to remove my name off the credit report.
- If I win, I will donate that 100k for a cancer society. I will write it in the legal papers while at the court.
- She/ Peach Professional Cleaning already has several legal complaints against her.
Please let me know what you think. I am a hard working, honest individual and just frustrated when someone like this takes advantage for a mere amount of $277.