With the holidays coming I thought it would be a good idea to discuss how we budget for the holidays so that we don't over extend ourselves. I am asking that you add your suggestions of things that you do to make it through the holidays and not be finacially strapped because you over did it. It is one time a year, many people go overboard and pay for it all year long. Here is a list of things that I do.
1. I start the day after and get the sales on wrapping paper, cards and little things that end up costing alot the following year.
2. Recycle gift bags from the year before, this will save you money and you are doing something good for the environment.
3. I shop online when there is free shipping and sales included, this way I don't have to deal with the stress of store shopping and it is delivered right to the house, I save on gas and headaches.
4. Regifting, sometimes if I get something for a birthday or holiday and it isn't necessarily something I will use, I don't take it back, I put it in the closet and regift it to some one else, becareful not to regift to the person that you got it from. I will do this with household appliances, I have a really good blender but got another one for my birthday, I have no use for two, but my sister needed one, guess what she got for christmas. (This isn't being cheap, I think it is being frugal and not being wasteful).
5. Reusing holding cups and plates, filling a holiday cup with candy or hot chocolate, tea or other drink item and putting a decorative bag around it is a cheap easy way to give the adults something they will use. Plates are good for cookies and snacks as well, simply putting some colored plastic wrap and a bow on it will suffice for decorating it.
6. Whats your idea?????????????????????????