Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

Please help! LVNV FUNDING LLC.

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Subject: Please help! LVNV FUNDING LLC.
Posted on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:13 pm  

Hi there,

New to this site!
Here's my story, engaged, and wanted to make sure I didn't enter a fresh marriage in debt, I just ran a free credit report.

There were 3 possible negatives on my report. Two of which I can easily take care of (just was unaware of).

But then there was this third one from LVNV FUNDING LLC.
I'm now terrified. My report with them states:

Civil claim judgment.

Status Details:
This item is scheduled to continue on record until Mar 2013.

Date Filed:

Date Resolved:

Claim Amount:

Liability Amount:


Whaaaat??? "Civil claim judgment." scares the crap out of me! I was never served papers or taken to court as far as I know!? and nearly 6.5k? What the heck? I am now 28 years old. Back when I was EIGHTEEN I had 2 credit cards, both of which probably totaled 3k. But I live in PA, 7 years and its supposed to be off my record! They are saying 2006, but I was 18 in like 2001! I know I was foolish not paying them off at the time, but surely it shouldn't still be on my record? What the heck can I do? There's not even a # to contact them? Now I have to live in fear of a lein being placed on my bank acct?? What can I do, please help!


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Aaron's page
Posts: 2632

48565 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 am  

Hi Anjelita,

If you want to contact LVNV FUNDING LLC, you van contact them, you can use the following details:
P.O.Box 3038
Evansville, IN 47730

Telephone: (886) 861-8182, (866) 464-1183
Fax: (812) 428-3523

First find out who is the original creditor of this debt. Then ask for the validation of the debt from the collection agency. After receiving the validation you can request the debtor for a debt settlement.

You should also contact a lawyer for dealing with these issues. You can contact the court,with the help of your lawyer and talk to them about the details, that you were never informed about the judgment and can file for motion to dismiss.

However your lawyer will be able to take the best recourse.
Keep in touch Smile

Joined: 26 Feb 2008
fireyone's page
Posts: 4246

123 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm  

Hello anjelita, You could also go into your court house and inquire about the judgment. They should have computers there for public use and all you have to do is run your name. Also if it was filed there ask the personal how you go about researching this judgment. I do not know if you can do anything about not getting served papers. I have always been a little confused on that part. You would think if it showed you did not sign for any papers you could dispute it but I believe there is actually a time frame you would have had to do this in.

Subject: UhygegsbRqg
Posted on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:23 am  

wq7My5 I truly appreciate this post.

Subject: QDcLUDNPEyPhcGJrW
Posted on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:54 pm  

LsWoIl Thanks-a-mundo for the blog post. Really Great.

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.038 seconds.