Names of on credit report

Submitted by aarons26 on Sat, 09/12/2009 - 01:43

Does anyone have any dispute letters on how to take off your name, that was used fraudently. My name was spelled in different ways 8 times on my report?

Hi aarons,

If you think that it is a matter of identity theft, you must file a fraud alert with the three CRAs – Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. You must bring to their notice that your personal information has been compromised. After this, file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). You can either file it online or call up at 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338). You can also write a letter to the FTC. You should also file a complaint with the State Attorney General letting him know about the matter. If you tell me which state you are living in, then I can provide you the contact details.

However, if it is a matter of spelling mistake then I guess you can take a look at this link to find out about the sample dispute letter: .

Sat, 09/12/2009 - 06:25 Permalink

You have to raise point with all 3 credit report agencies.
It is very important aspect so do not neglect it.

It is matter of your identity. you can do it through online request.

Sun, 09/13/2009 - 10:32 Permalink