Credit Report Updates

Submitted by ROSS on Sat, 10/03/2009 - 11:20

I need to update my address on all 3 credit reports, I am getting denied because my address is not updated... how can I do this?

Contact you creditor or nearest credit beuro & give application for change address from your credit report.

Thanks you.

Sat, 10/03/2009 - 14:42 Permalink

That should be relatively easy.

Keep in mind all the bureaus now have provisions to dispute items online, but in most cases you will need a copy of the respective report and other information to do so. Once you are ready, you can contact each of the 3 bureaus.

Sun, 10/04/2009 - 13:35 Permalink

Tell the consumer reporting company, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate. Include copies (NOT originals) of documents that support your position. In addition to providing your complete name and address, your letter should clearly identify each item in your report you dispute, state the facts and explain why you dispute the information, and request that it be removed or corrected. You may want to enclose a copy of your report with the items in question circled.

Sun, 10/04/2009 - 13:38 Permalink