How to remove a satisfied Judgement

Submitted by sassygal on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 18:21

Hello All,

It boils my blood to know, I have paid and satisfied a Judgement yet it still remains. Just so happen to pull my report and learned of this two years later.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how to go about this?

Many Thanks,

Pissed off in California

Hi sassy,

Though you have paid the judgment amount, your judgment cannot get removed from your credit report before the stipulated period. Generally speaking, a judgment can stay on your credit report for 7-10 years from the date of issuance of the judgment.



Wed, 04/14/2010 - 06:15 Permalink


Thanks Aaron for your feedback...Quick question? Even if the collecection agency placed it on there out of spite(threat etc)

Also upon suing them they agreed to remove and forwarded me documentation of them doing so, what do you suggest at this point. Do I still have to wait the stipulation period or should it be removed on the bond of their word/writing?

Thanks again


Wed, 04/14/2010 - 20:34 Permalink


If you already have documentation, then you can go forward and try to dispute this item.



Wed, 06/02/2010 - 11:58 Permalink


If you have your payment receipt, send a letter to the lender requesting to update the account status. As proof send the copy of the payment receipt along with the letter. Send the letter through certified mail, requesting a return receipt.



Wed, 07/28/2010 - 10:20 Permalink
crorkz matz (not verified)

AjuQqy Thanks a lot for the blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Mon, 08/04/2014 - 10:58 Permalink
crorkz (not verified)

n9AAhf I am so grateful for your blog article.Much thanks again. Will read on...

Tue, 08/05/2014 - 06:19 Permalink
crorkz matz (not verified)

BQ5JTz Thanks so much for the post.Really thank you! Awesome.

Tue, 08/05/2014 - 12:24 Permalink