Getting the biggest bang for your buck, You work hard for your money, spend it wisely.
1. Coupon clipping is one of the best ways to save money. Watching for the doubling up and tripling up can help you save even more.
2. Look for the clearance items, you can shop the clearance isle and save a bundle.
3. Think ahead, it does not have to be snowing out to think ahead for holiday gifts, save on items through out the year.
4. Track your spending, know where your pennies are going.
5. Buy the new light bulbs, they really do cut down on energy costs, they seem a little more expensive but save you a ton in the long run. Just replace them one at a time, starting with the lighting that you use the most. Try using a lower wattage bulb if you plan to stick with the old traditional bulb.
6. If you are shopping online, look for free or discount shipping. Sometimes you will get a discount for purchasing more than one item or a set amount will be shipped for the same price, even if the item is put on back order, the shipping will remain the same.
7. Splurge on the name brand, generic is often watered down and you have to use more to get the same clean result, even though the jug is the same size, you are getting a more concentrated version that uses less to do what you need to get done.
This is just some of the things that I have done to save a few bucks. I have seen that money saving is an issue that others like to discuss on here.