Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

My Files

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Joined: 10 Oct 2009
kim09's page
Posts: 22

59 Magic Points

Subject: My Files
Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm  

[System detected duplicate content and converted into image.]

Joined: 10 Oct 2009
debranewell2008's page
Posts: 591

108 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:04 pm  

Hi Kim

When you paid on the debt the SOL started all over again. So yes they can garnish your wages. If you a still considering Bankruptcy you could get in touch with the attorney you had and try and get your money back and request your paperwork and hire another attorney.


Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Justin's page
Posts: 1238

28944 Magic Points

Posted on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 am  

Hi Kim,

Yes, as far as I know the creditor can pursue the SC judgment in VA. However, that is an elaborate process requiring lot of money and ample time. Normally, creditors do not pursue cases like this. But if they want, they can. All the creditor will have to do is, file a petition in the court requesting to domesticate the SC judgment in VA.

As for
what should I do now?

I think you should contact or visit the Virginia Bar Association in person to find out if they can refund the money that you paid to your last attorney. If they can do that, then you will get your money back. Also ask if they have any facility like appointing another attorney for you to process the bankruptcy.

Do this and let us know more.
All the Best Smile

Joined: 26 Feb 2008
fireyone's page
Posts: 4246

123 Magic Points

Posted on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 am  

Kim, I am sorry to hear of your bad times. I would call the bar association and see about the refund. If none of this works try calling around and finding atty's that may take payment arrangements. There are some who actually will do this. Even though abtaining a judgment in another state is time consuming you may want to just get the bankruptsy done and over with. I am not sure how long judgments last in SC but you do not want this hanging over your head, always wondering if they will come and collect. If there are a lot of creditors one may just do that. I would do your homework and explore all pssible routes.

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.035 seconds.