Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

What are options to get credit report corrected.

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Ruspert's page
Posts: 1

35 Magic Points

Subject: What are options to get credit report corrected.
Posted on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm  

My daughter has paid to a collection agency the full amount of a debt and received a letter stating that the debt has been paid in full from them. The first credit reporting agency will not acknowledge the debt as paid unless the original debt holder (BanK) reports the account as $0.00. The bank will only acknowledge in writing that the debt was sold to a collection agency and the amount of the debt. Verbaly they will state that the account is $0.00 but not in writing. The secound credit reporting agency shows the debt as paid. The third credit reporting agency has no record of the debt. What are her options?


Joined: 13 Aug 2007
sdchargers_63's page
Posts: 1883

1916 Magic Points

Subject: credit
Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 am  

You said, "verbally..they will state..." Can you speak to the bank and have them (possibally?) call the CB that is asking for the 'verbal' confirmation? It may be a long shot, but,..if you explain things, it MAY work.


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Aaron's page
Posts: 2632

48565 Magic Points

Subject: getting credit report corrected
Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 am  

Hi Ruspert,

Welcome to this community Smile

I agree with sdchargers. You can try to get the bank verbally declare that the account balance is $0.00 and that it has been paid. While requesting the bank, mention your problem.

Hope this may work out.


Keep in touch Smile

Joined: 01 Nov 2008
cinnamngrl's page
Posts: 1320

6419 Magic Points

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:43 pm  

Try a MOV letter to CRA while confronting them about the different info
CMRRR Templates
How to PFD, OPT-out, Complain, etc
All credit articles at EHOW


Joined: 13 Aug 2007
sdchargers_63's page
Posts: 1883

1916 Magic Points

Subject: credit
Posted on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 am  

MOV letter? Can you explain what that means? OP...hope you bank can help you out.

Joined: 10 Mar 2010
NightStar's page
Posts: 142
Location: Illinois

3176 Magic Points

Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:34 am  

You tell the bank that they need to rectify this problem immediately - tell them you disputed this and someone their direction verified inaccurate information and it is their job to report accurately other wise you will demand deletion. And you will report them to the FTC & the FDIC or NCUA if they do not comply.

They do have what is called like Instant update at least through Experian, and something similar through the other credit reporting agencies. They have the means to electronically update then in addition update their manual tapes for that month.

Consumers can sue for willful noncompliance, it is listed in the FCRA here:

I would push them to deleted it, since they didn't do it right when they were paid to being with.
Credit Cards
Credit Reporting Information
Credit Repair Info

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.067 seconds.