Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

collection removal from report

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Subject: collection removal from report
Posted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm  

I have a paid in full school fee collection on my credit report. I contacted the collection company to see if they could send a goodwill letter to the bureaus to have it removed from my report. They said the school would have to have it removed. I contacted the school and they are willing to send me a letter. Where do I go or backtrack from here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
NightStar's page
Posts: 142
Location: Illinois

3176 Magic Points

Posted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:21 pm  

If the school is willing to delete, make sure the school is the company listed on the credit report. You might ask them if they can send you a letter confirming their agreement to remove.

That way if they fail to update the credit reporting agencies you can just forward a copy of that letter to the credit reporting agencies yourself.

That is good news, it is not often that I see companies handing school loans willing to delete these types of accounts.
Credit Cards
Credit Reporting Information
Credit Repair Info


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Aaron's page
Posts: 2632

48565 Magic Points

Subject: collection removal from report
Posted on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 am  

Hi rosedale,

If the school has agreed to remove the item from your credit report, then you should first get the agreement in writing. You can send them a certified mail requesting a return receipt, asking them to remove the item from your report.

After getting their answer letter, wait for some days before checking your credit report. If they fail to remove the item from your report, dispute the item directly with the credit bureaus. Attach a copy of your letter, and the removal agreement letter by the company with the letter to the bureau.

Hope this helps.


Keep in touch Smile

Joined: 01 Nov 2008
cinnamngrl's page
Posts: 1320

6419 Magic Points

Posted on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am  

when you get the letter from the school, you can send it to the credit reporting bureaus. You can use certified mail with out return receipt with most letters sent to CRAs it is cheaper and sufficient. Save CMRRR for letters to scummy CAs and OCs
CMRRR Templates
How to PFD, OPT-out, Complain, etc
All credit articles at EHOW

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.033 seconds.