Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

Last year I disputed a negative account, it was removed, now

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Joined: 08 Mar 2010
aberglund's page
Posts: 1

31 Magic Points

Subject: Last year I disputed a negative account, it was removed, now
Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm  

I had a fraudlant charge reported on my credit report thru a collection agency, I disputed them and it was taken off very quickly. Now a year later it looks like the first collection agency sold it to another collection agency and they have now reported to the same credit bureaus. Plus the agency never contacted me by mail or phone so before they reported it,and still have not. Is there anything I can do keep this from happening again. Equifax started a dispute without my knowlege, I have started the dispute all over again with experian.


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Aaron's page
Posts: 2632

48565 Magic Points

Subject: dispute negative account
Posted on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 am  

Hi Aberglund,

Welcome to this forum Smile

You can send a letter to the collection agency, requesting them to remove the item off your credit report. Attach a copy of your fraudulent charge report, and a copy of the first dispute.

You can also dispute the item with the credit bureaus. However, if they fail to remove the item from your report, you can report this to the Federal Trade commission or the Better Business Bureau. You can also seek advise from the State Attorney General.

Another thing that I would like to mention is that an account can get reported without prior notice to you.

Hope this helps.


Keep in touch Smile

Joined: 01 Nov 2008
cinnamngrl's page
Posts: 1320

6419 Magic Points

Posted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 pm  

Send a DV letter to the new collection agency. Send them the records from the prior dispute and advise them that they are violating federal law by pursuing and posting an account that is known to be false
CMRRR Templates
How to PFD, OPT-out, Complain, etc
All credit articles at EHOW

Joined: 10 Mar 2010
NightStar's page
Posts: 142
Location: Illinois

3176 Magic Points

Posted on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 am  

When dealing with ID Theft you need:

A filed police report
Activate fraud alert with all of the credit reporting agencies
Notify the original creditor and all collection agencies that this account is due to theft.
Obtain an ID Theft affidavit and forward copies to the police department, the credit reporting agencies, the creditor, and the collection agencies.

You should be able to re-activate a fraud alert and have this item immediately suppressed.

There are new FACT ACT laws on what the reporting creditors are suppose to do. I would recommend that you read up on the Fair Credit Reporting Act section about ID Theft.
Credit Cards
Credit Reporting Information
Credit Repair Info

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.066 seconds.