Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook

Intent to sue letter

Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Joined: 30 Jan 2009
LT's page
Posts: 57

2345 Magic Points

Subject: Intent to sue letter
Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm  

Can some one give me simple, but legal intent to sue letter to a collection agency. They were mailed a certified validation letter and a cease to communication request, but continue to call. They are not following the approved reason for communication per the FCRA.

Joined: 26 Feb 2008
fireyone's page
Posts: 4246

140 Magic Points

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:36 pm  

Lt, First of all you can find sample letters in the Financial tools section to the right of your screen under Letter of Credit.
Now have you reported their violation to the FTC? How about the atty generals office? This should be your next move. Get a hold of your states Atty General, you should be able to find the number on the internet, and call them. You need to expalin that you have already sent anvalidation letter and a cease and desist letter. They should be able to clear this problem up for you. If you need help finding the numbers to call let us know and we can look them up for you.


Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Justin's page
Posts: 1238

28944 Magic Points

Posted on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 am  

If they harass you without validating the debt, you can simply send a cease and desist letter. It is a legal letter which will stop the collection agency from disturbing you. You can even send an intent to sue letter to the creditor. You can find sample letter if you visit the link letters of credit
All the Best Smile

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
frustrated's page
Posts: 1

22 Magic Points

Subject: Intent to sue collection agency sample letter
Posted on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 pm  

I;ve been trying to get this sample letter but nothing will open but the e-mail regarding such. My son has a debt on his credit that we dont know anything about and when we checked further it says it was taken out when he was only 14. We sent certified letter of validation and they have not responded, so we were told the next step was intent to sue, but cant see the sample letter.
Any help would be appreciated.
not happy

Subject: legal recovery law offices inc
Posted on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 am  

I was working with a debit settlement company for the capital one account and I recieved a summons and they are suing me stating that I had not paid(again working with a comapny) so it was not an intent not to pay> my company called them to try to workout something and they would not edcept anything but the whole amount> and hung up on them! now I do not have the $205 filing fee and now have to go through a second process for fee wavier now the amount is $4200 do I stand a chance pleading my own case or what are my options??

Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Ruthie's page
Posts: 66

1472 Magic Points

Subject: Not Happy
Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 am  

File a small claims court lawsuit and ask that the judge put a limit onto the amounts they can collect. Maybe they can help you settle this. Its worth a try. Call your local courthouse, they do have debt counselors there. Usually the prothonary offices will guide you to the right people. Good luck Ruthie One day at a time.

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
goodnatured's page
Posts: 3931

616 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 am  

Depending on how much the amount is that you are trying to pay off, how much is it. You may be better off getting an attorneys advice.

Joined: 10 Oct 2009
debranewell2008's page
Posts: 591

110 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:21 am  

Yes I'm like goodnatured on this you need to hair an attorney for that. That doesn't seem legal to me with you working with the settlement company and them still charging you fees for not paying.

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
goodnatured's page
Posts: 3931

616 Magic Points

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 am  

But you should be able to sue the settlement company too, doesn't seem fair that they collect your money and then you still have to put up with the dect collectors nightmare, it is actually like paying a bill and still recieving harrassment for it. I would be contacting someone about both of them, the collector and the debt settlement company.

Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Ruthie's page
Posts: 66

1472 Magic Points

Subject: Intent to sue
Posted on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:27 am  

I agree with goodnatured too, its time to hire an atty. and get advise from them. Most have free consultations, and some charge a percentage of the suit if its necessary. some have a flat fee. But it will be less stressful for you to pay the extra bucks. Who knows, maybe you'll come out better. Lawyers do know there stuff. Get references for a good one. Your not alone, please keep us posted on how you make out. Goodluck!

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
goodnatured's page
Posts: 3931

616 Magic Points

Posted on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 pm  

I think you will come out of this with extra money in your pocket, people go to these debt consolidation companies expecting them to take care of their debt, that is what they are paid to do, see know you have additional stress on top of what you already had. So that is called mental anguish, if these companies are going to get into debt consolidation they take on a legal as well as moral contract to their clientelle to be the middleman and negotiate out debt, not set up bank accounts and hord the money.

I think you have a case here.

Joined: 21 Jan 2010
debtmanagements's page
Posts: 1
Location: California

23 Magic Points

Subject: Debt Settlement Programs | Debt Management Companies
Posted on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 am  

Debt Settlement Company – Timelinedebt - Timeline Debt Solutions LLC is a debt settlement company which can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by as much as 60% and have you eliminate your debt in as little as 12 - 36 months. Our senior debt consultants are standing by to tailor a debt management program that is right for you.

Debt Settlement Programs

Joined: 01 Nov 2008
cinnamngrl's page
Posts: 1320

6419 Magic Points

Posted on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am  

i think people are better off trying to settle it themselves
CMRRR Templates
How to PFD, OPT-out, Complain, etc
All credit articles at EHOW

Subject: Blouse Destroyed.
Posted on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 am  

Hi Linda,

I think you should first write a letter to the cleaners, mentioning that you can sue them if they refuse to pay for the damage. Wait for their reply. If they agree to pay the money, then it's well and good, otherwise you can contact an attorney and sue them. However you should also keep in mind that the cost of suing doesn't get higher than the price and cleaning together of the blouse. Smile


diamond dixon

Subject: sue my old employment
Posted on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 pm  

hello, i would like to get some help in writing a letter to sue my past employment. for wrongful termination due a heart condition.

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.068 seconds.