Need Help

Submitted by LT on Fri, 02/13/2009 - 03:51

If I need to sue a collection agency, do I sue them in my county sice thats where the violation occured? Also does anyone have the procedure to file a formal complaint with the FDCPA and a sample letter to file a complaint form for the BBB and Attorney Generals Office

If you want to file a complaint against a collection agency with the Better Business Bureau, you can visit the link . If the collection agency has violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, you should first send an intent to sue sample letter and sue them to the court. You can find a sample intend to sue letter by visiting the link letters of credit

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 10:02 Permalink

Before you sue any collection agency, you must send a debt validation letter to check whether you owe any debt to the collection agency or not. Only if they cannot validate your debt but still disturb you to recover the debt, you can send an intend to sue letter. You can also send a cease and desist letter which will stop the creditors from calling you. However, filing a complaint with the FTC and the state AGs will help you to get rid of the creditors.

Fri, 02/13/2009 - 10:26 Permalink
donna bryan (not verified)

On May 20,2009 LBA called me about an old debt. Since we are trying to straighten out our credit, I was happy they called, and eagerly paid them a settlement of $ 125.99. They added $ 10. for processing, so I agreed to the $ 135.99. The next morning my husband was looking at our bank statement and they presented this $ 135.99, THREE times. I immediately called my bank and since it was done with my bank card, they could not stop them. I then called LBA and they said they did not do it either. Then, I called my bank, to no avail. The next morning, ONE of the $ 135.99 was removed, but TWO remained. This caused us to overdraw. I called LBA and they wanted me to fax them a copy of my bank statement. WHAT? I'm not that stupid. Now, what is my next move? HELP!

Mon, 06/08/2009 - 03:24 Permalink

You need to file a police report and file a unauthorized charge with the bank immediately.

Mon, 06/08/2009 - 03:37 Permalink

Hi donna bryan,

I agree with LT. You should report to the police immediately. You should never give your account information to a collection agency. You can pay them by money order or checks.

Tue, 06/09/2009 - 05:50 Permalink