There is alot of information floating around the internet about how to handle the credit repair project yourself. I would like to review the basic areas to try to put a flowchart together that would help myself focus on the overlooked strategies of credit repair.
1. pull a copy of your credit report and review the tradelines to identify damaging issues to your credit score.
2. Compile a send in DV (debt validation) letters to those tradeline furnishers who are identified as collection agencies. Send the letter certified mail with electronic signature confirmation or RRR (return receipt requested).
3. wait 30 days for a reply.
4. Re-send a followup DV letter to the CA with CMRRR (CMESC); include a copy of the original letter with the CMRRR.
5. File a dispute with the CRA and include a copy of the original letter with CMRRR requesting to remove the tradeline because the CA did not validate the tradeline.
6. If the CRA verifies the tradeline then file a request for MOV.
7. Send a 623 letter to the OC and see if you receive a reply.
How is this so far. What am I missing and where do I go from here?