Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 02/02/2013 - 00:39

Hi, my father received a 1099c for my mothers debt that was forgiven by the creditor after her passing. Is he responsible for paying this tax even though the card was soley in her name? He lives in mass. So he's not in one of the 10 exception states. Please help.

Not real sure, when did she pass? Did they file together, I assume they did. Do you have a tax person you could ask? You may go onto the IRS website and ask them. I would really check it out so he doesn't end up with headaches later. Sorry can't be of much help with this, this is just what I would do.

Sat, 02/02/2013 - 02:46 Permalink