can anyone tell me what escallate llc is??

Submitted by alexis_baker2000 on Thu, 03/08/2007 - 11:25

i got a credit report and saw this up there but i have no idea what it is

This is a debt collector

Consumer Debt Services, Ltd.
5200 Stoneham Road, Suite 200
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Phone: 330-232-8120

Fax: 330-232-8169

additional information:
5200 Stoneham Road - Ste. 200 - North Canton, OH 44720 - P:330-232-8120 - F:330-232-8169 - Email:

Fri, 03/09/2007 - 03:29 Permalink

If they are trying to collect a debt from you, send a letter demanding proper validation, and mail it return receipt.

Sun, 06/24/2007 - 07:55 Permalink
lilski (not verified)

My overdue medical bills were sent to them...

Thu, 06/28/2007 - 21:54 Permalink

Have they provided you with proper validation letter? Ask for it in writing as Morningstar mentioned. Send it through registered post. It helps to keep a third party involved.

Once you get a validation letter only then opt for further communication.

Fri, 06/29/2007 - 03:34 Permalink
Sherri (not verified)

I had to deal with FDC in 2005 on something they couldn't validate. Went through the DV process and shut them down. Now this "debt" has taken on a new life and new DLA. Fortunately, I have all of my old documentation to hand them their asses on a plate..

Tue, 10/02/2007 - 21:33 Permalink

Great then. Put in your debt validation letter if you have not done so. Let them prove the validity of the debt. The best part is you have all the documentations. All the best. Things will definitely turn out well. :)

Wed, 10/03/2007 - 11:43 Permalink
Red (not verified)

I work across the street from Escallate, so if you if need to have someone's ass kicked, give me a call.

Fri, 12/21/2007 - 18:46 Permalink

Red, LOL, are you kidding? you will end up in jail, LOL.

I never heard of the company before seeing it here.

Fri, 12/21/2007 - 20:50 Permalink

This is a debt collection company as mentioned by Emmy earlier. Seems to be a bully.
Hey Red take care if you want to lead a safe life. People can be bad as well.

Sat, 12/22/2007 - 06:49 Permalink
Anonymous (not verified)

I hear they wear corny sweatshirts!!

Fri, 01/11/2008 - 16:41 Permalink
Mandy (not verified)

A dept place.. "Debt Recovery Solutions" showed up on my credit report for $51.00--Does any one know how to get a hold of this company--Im from upstate NY & when i type it in & google it -- it just gives me all the debt relief places ....

Mon, 06/02/2008 - 16:55 Permalink

The address of Debt Recovery Solutions is:

900 Merchants Concourse
Ste 106, Westbury,
New York : 11590-5114

Their telephone number is (516)2287100

Tue, 06/03/2008 - 05:29 Permalink

Hi Mandy
You first send a debt validation letter to Debt Recovery Solutions. If they validate your debt, sent them a Pay for Deletion agreement letter. Else even if you pay the debt it will remain in your credit report and hamper your credit score. I think the address sent by Laura is correct.

Tue, 06/03/2008 - 06:02 Permalink
Tracy (not verified)

I recorded a conversation with one of their collectors who, after I told her I better not see any of the 7 so called debts they have for me back on my credit report, put her supervisor Shelly on. She also knew I was recording the convo. She even said "we are collecting on a OLD medical debt"!!! I told her that with the date she is giving me, 2002 and 2004 that is past the SOL. She tried to tell me because I talked to them the SOL is restarted! They dont even have proof that the debt is mine, no validation at all. I know this for a fact. All she was trying to do is threaten and scare me into paying it. She even said they will report to my credit bureau. I again told her that they cant report on a debt that is past the SOL> I will have to keep checking and then have the info taken off. If they continue, I will sue THEM for violations of the FDCPA and FCRA> Shelly I hope U read this!!! I know that alot of collection agencies keep up with complaints on the internet.

Fri, 04/10/2009 - 02:15 Permalink

If the debt is past SOL, you need not pay it, because if you make a payment towards the debt, the statute of limitation on the debt will rewind and you will be liable to pay off the entire outstanding debt. Moreover, since they have not validated the debt yet, they cannot continue the process of collecting the debt. If they still harass you, just file a complaint with the FTC.

Fri, 04/10/2009 - 11:13 Permalink
Capt. Bob Van Horn (not verified)

My mother received a collection/ bill from from Escallate claiming services rendered from a hospital in Pensacola that does not exist! I have tried to call but have been rudely put off or hung up on. I assure you my mother has AAA credit and is anal about taking care of her bills. Does the BBB know about these Jerks ?

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 18:34 Permalink

Hi Capt. Bob,

You can definitely check the company with the Better Business Bureau. Escallate LLC is a debt recovery company. They were previously known as Consumer Debt Services.

However, send a "debt validation letter" to the company, and you will be able to find a sample debt validation letter at . With debt validation you will be able to know whether or not you owe the debt, and how much you owe.

As you are sure that this debt has not been incurred by your mother, the company perhaps won't be able to validate the debt. Thus, you can send them a "cease and desist" letter, asking them to cease all communications with you, as you don't owe the debt. You will be able to find a sample "cease and desist" letter at .

However, remember to send all these letters through certified mail requesting a return receipt. Then you will be able to retain a proof of all your communications with the company.

Hope this helps.



Wed, 03/10/2010 - 10:04 Permalink
Anonymous (not verified)

collection agency I just paid off a medical bill of my report to them

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 01:31 Permalink

Hi guest,

Can you explain your query more clearly?



Fri, 05/14/2010 - 11:42 Permalink
mr. mm (not verified)

another number is 866-578-1355

Thu, 07/14/2011 - 00:13 Permalink
Love 1 (not verified)

Escallate is on my credit report. Appeared after I had a car accident. And I think it's on the wrong side of the report. Which means I'm stuck with them for 7 years.**Maybe** I think it should be an inquiry. It may be a situation where they got overpaid. Since then every doctor's office contacts me saying I owe them something. Though I'v never stepped foot in there. These things wouldn't occur if companies would require necessary information.

Tue, 11/06/2012 - 03:35 Permalink
crorkz (not verified)

ytHi9f Very neat article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

Wed, 08/06/2014 - 05:28 Permalink