What your credit affects
Whether you realize it or not credit affects a lot of things in your life. It used to be that it only affected the lending side or the financial side of your life, now it affects so much more.
Example: you go to the local dentist and need extensive dental work done, the first thing they hand you is an application for credit so that you can borrow the money. Bad credit means no dental work for you.
Example: A lot of employers use a credit report in the hiring process, it comes down to two different candidates for a position a credit check could determine who gets the job.
Example: your health, stress levels rise when collectors are calling and calling and calling, being very aggressive and upsetting your life.
Example: your future, you want to go to school or buy a home, being careless now will help you make those decisions very quickly, big fat NO!
Some things that you can do.
1. It is not too late, start now.
2. Make every cent count, put extra money towards bills to get them paid off.
3. Keep a watchful eye on your credit report, get it and see where you are, then set up a plan to improve on what you got. You have to start sometime, may as well be today.
4. Get advice, ask the questions, find out what works in cleaning up your credit score. Call a financial institution and ask to talk to their loan officer. Find out what tips they can offer you as far as credit clean up.
5. Use the tips that your friend here have given you.