Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
Call (Toll Free)
Community Area
Get FREE Counseling


Helpful Resources
Popular Discussions
Creditmagic Twitter
Credit on Facebook


Post reply  Start a topic
Author Message
Print this topic
Invite a friend
Email this topic
  Bookmark online
Add to
Add to YahooMyWeb

Subject: Judgment
Posted on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:50 am  

I have just been told by the hr department at work that they are going to garnish my salary for a judgment. I only received a piece of paper with the credit and attorney - This was paid, I believe almost 6 years ago but I cannot find the paperwork. The bank where the checks were drawn has changed names 3 times and is now closed. I did get a paper after it was paid marked paid in full but I cannot find. I called the law office and I believe the debt - ??_ is now with some one else because I got a call from Enchanced Recovery. Any ideas how I can prove that the debt was paid


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Aaron's page
Posts: 2632

48565 Magic Points

Subject: judgment
Posted on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am  

Hi Rose,

Can you remember the company or colelction agency to whom you have made the payment? Didn't you check your credit report after the payment? If you had, and if the account status was then updated to "Paid", you can use that report to dispute this listing.

Moreover, as there is a judgment, you may go to the court, and check out the details from there. You will get to know from there whether or not the debt is valid at all.

If neither of this works, then you will have to get the 6 year old payment receipt, else I am afraid you may have to pay.


Keep in touch Smile

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
Page 1 of 1

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 

Page loaded in 0.048 seconds.